CARIBBEAN CONCH CHOWDER
3# CHOPPED CONCH MEAT
½ # WHOLE BUTTER
2 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
2 EACH YELLOW ONIONS, FINE CHOP
4 EACH CELERY RIBS, FINE CHOP
½ CUP MINCED GARLIC
2 QUARTS HEAVY CREAM
3 EACH FRESH DICED POTATOE
3 EACH BAY LEAVE’S
1 TSP. DRIED THYME
3 TSP. TABASCO
1 TSP. BLACK PEPPER
1 EACH 32oz. CLAM JUICE
½ CUP DRY SHERRY
1. PREHEAT SKILLET UNTIL IT IS HOT, ADD WHOLE BUTTER AND ALLOW IT TO MELT BEING CAREFUL NOT TO BURN BUTTER.
2. ADD DICED ONION, DICED CELERY AND CHOPPED GARLIC LIGHTLY BROWN IN MELTED BUTTER.
3. ADD GROUND CONCH AND COOK THROUGHLY FOR 2O MINUTES, ADD THE FLOUR AND STIR TO CREATE A THICK HEAVY PASTE.
4. COOK OVER MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL VEGETABLES AND CONCH ARE BROWN AND WELL INCORPORATED ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES.
5. STIR IN THYME,BAY LEAVES,BLACK PEPPER AND TABASCO INCREASE HEAT TO HIGH AND COOK FOR 1 MINUTE, STIR IN CLAM JUICE AND BRING TO BOIL.
6. STIR IN SHERRY AND ALLOW MIXTURE TO SLOW BOIL.
7. REDUCE HEAT AND SIMMER UNCOVERED FOR 30 MINUTES.
8. STIR WELL UNTIL THICK PASTE COMPLETELY DISOLVES AND MIXTURE IS WELL LIQUIFIED, ADD DICED POTATOES AND ALLOW TO THE COOK UNTIL FORK TENDER.
9. REMOVE FROM HEAT, ADD HEAVY CREAM AND SEASON TO TASTE.
KEY LIME PIE FILLING
- 1 EACH 14oz CAN CONDENSED MILK
- 5 EACH EGG YOLKS
- ½ CUP KEYLIME JUICE
1. MIX CONDENSED MILK AND EGG YOLKS TOGETHER THOUROUGHLY IN MIXING BOWL OR MIXER ON MEDIUM SPEED UNTIL WELL MIXED
2. ADD KEY LIME JUICE LAST. ACID OF LIME JUICE WILL CURDLE EGGS IF ADDED SOONER.
3. POUR LIME MIXTURE INTO PIE SHELLS AND BAKE FOR 7 MINUTES AND TURN TRAYS, AND SET FOR 5 MORE MINUTES AT 350 DEEGREES. DO NOT BROWN.
4. COOL AT ROOM TEMPERATURE. THEN REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT, OR AT LEAST 5 HOURS.
Harbor View Yellow Tail Snapper
4 oz parmesan cheese
Pinch chopped parsley
4 oz whole liquid egg
2 oz olive oil
2 oz heavy cream
1. Mix panko bread crumbs, 2 oz parmesan cheese and chopped parsley in a stainless steel bowl.
2. Pour liquid egg in small mixing bowl, add snapper filet to liquid egg being sure to
completely coat fish.
3. Transfer fish to bread crumb mixture and coat fish evenly with bread crumbs.
4. In a medium sauté pan get olive oil hot, put breaded filet in the pan and lightly brown on both sides or until cooked
all the way through.
5. Reheat pre-cooked risotto with heavy cream and remaining parmesan cheese, steam broccoli spears in
hot water until fork tender.
6. Build plate with risotto first, then steamed asparagus and breaded snapper on top. Drizzle lemon caper sauce to
completely circle dish.
- 1¾ pounds gastro chocolate rondo
- ¾ pound whole unsalted butter
- 7 each whole eggs
- ½ cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Pour chocolate rondo in skillet or pan with whole butter and melt until completely liquefied.
3. Crack whole eggs into mixing bowl along with all the sugar.
4. With mixer on second speed slowly add eggs & sugar to molten chocolate, add slowly or mixture may become too hot and separate.
Allow mixture to mix for approximately 2 minutes.
5. Pour chocolate mixture in well greased 9” pie or cake pan.
To avoid cake sticking baking parchment paper may be cut & used to line the sides and bottom of the baking pan.
6. Place pie pan in a double boiler water bath in 250 degree oven for 1.5 hours with oven on, and 30 minutes with oven off but doors closed.
Cool cakes on wire racks at room temperature until cool, then refrigerate